background

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Facelift for a Tiny Stool



It all started with some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. 




So I had been seeing ASCP all over the web on blogs and Pinterest and I was wondering what all of the fuss was about.  After we moved to Philly and I had some time on my hands I thought I would search out a shop that sells ASCP and try it for myself. All of the choices of colors were a little overwhelming so I decided to
grab a quart of Duck Egg and see what happened.


I had the paint, the clear wax and the dark wax and now all I needed was something to put them on...
For this I would visit a thrift shop and look for anything cheap that was made out of wood that I could paint.


That's when this little beauty entered my life.  Boy does she need some lovin.  I figured for a whopping $3 what could I lose.


I carefully removed the upholstery nails and ripped off the horrible fabric.  I cracked open the can of Duck Egg Blue and painted only the bottom because I decided to purchase a cute chevron fabric to reupholster the top.  
This is what I had at the end of the experiment.  Not too shabby! 
I think I've just been bit by the chalk paint bug.  What can I paint next?
I'm linking to East Coast Creative 

2 comments:

  1. It looks so much better since you transformed it! Great job!
    Saw you sharing at EC2 link party.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete